This article explains how to create a badge, within a module
TABLE OF CONTENTS
A module is a container, gathering different types of tasks, for a student to act upon. The different types of task have been connected to a progress measure, which means the module can react upon a student performance. The module combines the measured tasks, into a completed module.
The badge is a way to show the module, with extra information, to the student. The badge will appear as a green checkmark on the student desktop, for each module.
Create a badge
- Go to the left hand menu, Modules and measures/Modules
- Check in the list if your module is activated for your course (module name,..,name of your course)
- Go to the Courses/<course occasion>
- Go to the left hand menu, Students
- Select the module, where you want to activate your badge (dropdown menu All modules)
- A new page shows, click the button Edit module
- Go to the section Badge Settings
- Click the button Published to students to Yes if you want the module to be active for the students
- Show failing gradeYes/No (means the students, at all time, show the module as not completed, until they've completed all the tasks within a module
- Badge name write a name, which makes sense for a student, (Anatomy, course XXX 3 credits..)
- Badge description write a sentence to inform the student of the intention of the module
- Badge color divide different types och modules, into recognisable color sets.
- Click the Save Changes button
- Switch menu to Students (inside the same course occasion), a new column (module) appears, by clicking at a <student> in the Student section and select View Performance
- If you like to know how the specifics about the module, click the header (name of the module)