This article describes how to create a module, for an event.
A module is a container which contains items collected with a specific section at a course occasion. Inside the module the items can be connected to form components,, exams, OSCEs, nested modules & assignments which calculates the student result into pass/not pass.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- How to create a module
- Connect a real item to a module
How to create a module
Find the menu
- Go to Modules
A menu shows:
Create the Module
- Click the button Create new module
- Dropdown menu select which course the module should be added to
- Give the module a name in the Name field
- Select which type of Component operator the module will use, And or Or
- Select which type of Grading Scale, select Pass/Fail
- Click Save Changes button.
- Refresh the window to update the data.
A new section shows
- Click the + Add component drop-down button and select Exam, Progress measure or Assignment
- For this exercise select Exam
- Name the component "Exam 2021 june"
- Create another one and call it "Exam 2021 resit"
- Go back and change the Component Operator to Or
- Click the Save changes button
Connect a real item to a module
Find the items
Find an event to add a module to:
- Go to the left-hand menu Events/<course occasion>
- Click the Add Module button to active the module in the course occasion
- Select which one from the drop-down menu
Connect the items
Now it's time to connect a component inside the module to a real item for a student.
- Go to the line with Exam 2021 June and click on the text Pick Exam(or Progress measure)
- Select the real item to connect from the dropdown list
The result is visible in the module, the Component is connected to a real exam with results.
- Click the button Published to students to Yes if you want the module to be active for the students
A new window appears, settings representing how the module will be displayed to the students
- Show failing gradeYes/No (means the students, at all time, show the module as not completed, until they've completed all the tasks within a module
- Badge name write a name, which makes sense for a student, (Anatomy, course XXX 3 credits..)
- Badge color divide different types och modules, into recognisable color sets.
- Click the Save Changes button
- Switch menu to Students (inside the same course occasion), a new column (module) appears
- If you like to know how the specifics about the module, click the header (name of the module)