This article refers to the functionality of Ortrac web. This article describes the syntax, during import of Extended matching questions from an Excel file
TABLE OF CONTENTS
An excerpt of your uploaded document is shown below, for context. Please indicate which columns to import. A stem and at least two items are required, as well as at least two answers, and one answer key per item.
1. Go to Import
- Go to menu Question bank/My questions
- Click on Excel Import
- Select Extended matching a browse window appears, select the file you want to import & press Open
2. Excel file structure
- Key should be an ordinal number or letter indicating the correct answer. Alternatively, a composite key can be used, which should contain a key to all items, e.g. "AEEAB".
- First row is header (if the file comes with a header) select the button "Yes, skip first row"
- Import as select Draft or Published
- Assessment type (mandatory) select at least one from the list (Exam, Quiz, Form)
- Perform Import (the file will be processed)
3. New Excel file
Fill out the Excel file:
Download the attached Excel-file and add your questions, see instructions below (a 7 answer EMQ with 2 Items). It does not have to be these numbers as long as the logic is followed, among the columns.
How to populate the columns inside the Excel file:
- Column A: Question Body
- Column B: Answer 1
- Column C: Answer 2
- Column D: Answer 3
- Column E: Answer 4
- Column F: Answer 5
- Column G: Answer 6
- Column H: Answer 7
- Column I: Item 1
- Column J: Item 1 answer
- Column K: Item 2
- Column L: Item 2 answer
- Column M: a field for comments or reference to a curriculum/topic item