This article briefly describes what one needs to think about to begin using EPA linked to forms.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
What is an EPA Entrustable?
The entrustable professional activity (EPA) concept allows faculty to make competency-based decisions on the level of supervision required by trainees. ... Collectively, the competencies (ACGME or CanMEDS) constitute a framework that describes the qualities of professionals.
Components needed for EPA forms
Components needed to start a form with EPA components:
- A course opportunity
- Students must be added to the course (setting of one / many students at a time)
- Create a clear preamble for forms that describe the situation
- You have to create a Rating scale
- One must create an Evaluation Question (name it according to EPA description
- The Rating scale is linked to the Evaluation Question
- Think about whether you want to give general text feedback at the end of the form
- Should you connect a number of tags with which the evaluation is marked
An example of EPA
Here is an example of a form and its components, see EPA example(SWE)